Help-NFPA 90A/90B Air Handler Install Clearances

Users who are viewing this thread

oreyes

Reaction score
This thread is related to my previous post. Trying to find minimum acceptable clearances for air handler install. Am wondering whether my unit should even hed been instaleld where it is. Mine is in the peak of the attic on a cape and its insanely tight. Had issue that caused drain pipe to be pushed out of slope and to crack and leak. Please help. Thanks.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I think the first authority would be the install instructions for your specific units. It should contain any minimum clearances, and most code invoke manufacturer's instructions as the first spec.

oreyes

Reaction score
This is a Lennox unit - I'll check the manual again - the manual referred me to the Standards cited and to local codes. Thanks for the input.

tedfrk

Reaction score
is it just an air handler or are you using it with the electric heat kit ?i would assume the tolerances would be different.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks