What is this thing? See picture please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Poco

Reaction score
My landlord came with a box of copper things. Some are labelled "Sioux Chief Mini-Rester", and a Google search brought me here. What an informative link it is. Thank you Terry!

The other copper thing is still a mystery. See the attached jpg picture.
What is this? And is there a similar write up for this here or anywhere else?

Thank you for any help!

Chris Poco

Attachments

• WhatIsThis2.jpg
    WhatIsThis2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 497

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
thing

It could be a refrigerant in line filter/dryer, or depending on what's in it, it could be some type of shock absorber, but it is not like any I have ever seen if that is the case.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
looks like

looks like a sensor or probe

looking at the left end it appears to have a probe end on it...

something that went into a port on either a refirgeration system

or into a port on a commercial hot water heater

both would be in series with some sort of aquastat which is connected to that greener end...

is their a prize or something for the guy that guesses this right???

Chris Poco

Reaction score
Picture with closer look at ends

Prize for the one who guesses right? How about the thing itself?

Problem is I won't know who made the "right" guess since I surely don't know what it is ;)

Further info: Both ends appear to be sealed, and when shaken, the inside of the bulb gives off sounds as if it contained beads, sand, or some such. Not loudly though, I have to really put my ear to it to hear.

Thanks Mark, Mike, and hj for your attempts so far!

See picture attached for more details on the ends.

Attachments

• WhatIsThis3.jpg
    WhatIsThis3.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 473

Chris Poco

Reaction score
I Think hj's Got It!

Congratulations hj ! I've checked Grrainger's web site and found the item #6X526 exactly as you said.

Dryer,Liquid Line
Heavy Duty Liquid Line Dryer, R 12 Capacity 1 Ton, R 22 Capacity 2 Tons, R 12 Water Capacity @ 125 Degrees F 84 Drops, @ 75 Degrees F 99 Drops, R 22 Water Capacity @ 125 Degrees F 75 Drops, @ 75 Degrees F 90 Drops, Connecting Tube Inlet ID 1/4 Inch, Connecting Tube Inlet OD 5/16 Inch, Connecting Tube Outlet ID 0.127, 0.130 Inches, Connecting Tube Outlet OD 7/32, 5/16 Inches, Shell Diameter 1 3/16 Inches, Overall Length 9 3/4 Inches

So, send me your mailing address and I'll ship this unit to you as your prize if you want it! Just let me know. Thank you everyone!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks