fish tank drain into house wastewater

Users who are viewing this thread

donb

Reaction score
I am setting up my aquariums so that when I turn off the pumps, the water will drain into a tank to a level that will be above a 1" hole/bulkhead in the side of the tank.

I want to gravity drain the water above this hole to the wastewater drain in my house. The closest drain pipe I have is about 8 feet from the tank and is the drain for the washing machine. The pipe is 3" black pvc that the washer hose drain stuffs into the top.

Can I put a tee/wye/sanitary t on this pipe and drain the aquarium tank water into this pipe? If so what type of wye/tee should I use. What diameter pipe (8' run) and how much slope do I need. Should I use some kind of one-way valve on the aquarium tank drain pipe to make sure the washing machine doesn't backup into the aquarium?

Any ideas would be appriciated.

thanks
don

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks