Need some help confirming I'm buying the right fittings

Users who are viewing this thread

smitts

Reaction score
I need oil rubbed bronze fittings for the supplies/p-trap for a pedestal sink and a supply for a toilet.

The pedestal sink has 3/8" female threads for both of the supplies, which stick out of the wall ~1/2".

Here is what I am thinking I need for the pedestal sink:
Angle Stop Quarter Turn Valves 3/8" IPS x 3/8" OD w/ Cross Handle (Oil Rubbed Bronze)
1/2" IPS Bell Flange
3/8" OD x 20" Lavatory Supply Tubes - Bendable - Not Corrugated
P-Trap

So basically, I think the 3/8" IPS for the angle stop means male threads from what I have read, so I think that should thread right into the female threads on the wall. If they turn out to be female, I can just use a small 3/8" nipple. I plan on putting the bell flange over this connection to hide the fitting. Then the 3/8" supply lines compression fitted up to the sink.

And for the toilet:
6" nipple 1/2"
1/2" IPS Brass Pipe Coupling
Straight Stop Quarter Turn Valves 1/2" comp x 3/8" OD w/ Cross Handle
shallow 1/2" flange to cover opening in floor

The toilet has a 1/2" female connection in the floor. I plan on fitting the nipple into this, connecting the coupling to the top of the nipple, then threading the angle stop on top of this. (I believe if I take the ferrule and compression nut off, I'll have a 1/2" male connection). The just a flexible tube compression fitted up to the toilet. If I could find a oil rubbed bronze 1/2" pipe, I could sweat a 1/2" male connector and buy a sweat straight stop, but the only thing I can find in terms of finished pipe is nipples.

I've been pulling out my hair trying to figure out how to make these connections, and finished plumbing is expensive, so I'm trying not to buy the wrong things. If someone could confirm what I am thinking or recommend alternatives, it would be greatly appreciated!

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The angle stop will have female threads not male. And if it's all 3/8" it's going to be a few weeks and a special order to get that stuff in the finish you desire. Especially the trap

smitts

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I guess I'll use a 3/8" nipple to connect at the wall for the pedestal sink. From 2-3 various online vendors I've been able to find everything in stock (at least that's what it says on the websites). The trap is actually 1 1/4" that I need I believe. I'll have to double check that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks