• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
There aren't names on the poll. It should be real earnings per year.
I don't see anyone posting on with a 250K earning power yet. That may really be as tough as they say it is, like in the top 2% - 5%

the reason no one is reporting what they actually make is
becasue they are afraid that Obama might decide to force them to
"share the wealth"

If he wins it will be
better to take it " under the table " than to have to
give half of it to the people that voted for him...

the slogan "hope for change" is going to be about right

all anyone will have when he is done shareing the wealth
is the change in their pockets

Last edited:

Joe the Plumber

Pluumbing, of course
Reaction score
Even I know that my taxes would be less with Obama's plan if I don't buy that business and make over 250K

Right now, I'm not paying much tax anyway. Dang, some of you guys are kicking it.

Now maybe Obama and McCain have things they will do after the election that are not what they say they will do,
Whoa, would I be surprised?
How much do you trust you local or national politician.
About as far as you can throw a plumber?
I didn't see any politicians in the people throwing contest.

As far as that goes, since McCain is smaller, maybe that would be better.
At least better for the guy doing the throwing.
Still don't know who I would vote for.
And it's been more than fifteen minutes.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Obama says most small businesses won't be involved in his tax increase unless they make more than $250K/yr.

Here is a link to the US government's Small Business Administration's definition of a small business, and it is tied to the US IRS income tax code.

It shows plumbing as a small business until the shop has receipts/receivables of $14 million/yr.

I've gone through the entire list and a business is sized by gross receipts or the number of employees, of the employee types, they are a small business until they have 500, 1000 or 1500 or more employees. I believe the smallest gross is $.75 million ($750K). The dollars figure is not taxable income or earned income, if I read it right, it is simply annual gross receipts.

Here's the list.
http://www.sba.gov/idc/groups/public/documents/sba_homepage/serv_sstd_tablepdf.pdf

Click Receipts toward the bottom of the link below and it will take you to FAQs and then click on: § 121.104 How does SBA calculate annual receipts?

http://www.sba.gov/services/contractingopportunities/sizestandardstopics/tableofsize/index.html

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
If you really are the real JOE

Even I know that my taxes would be less with Obama's plan if I don't buy that business and make over 250K

Right now, I'm not paying much tax anyway. Dang, some of you guys are kicking it.

And it's been more than fifteen minutes.

If you are the real Joe on TV and are getting
all this 15 minutes worth of fame, good for you

but honestly , you really dont have a clue know how much time
and effort you would have to put into a business to pull down about 250K net per year...

that is ok, I dont expect you to have a clue, no one that ever
worked for me ever realized how much effort and time
went into a business un-till they started their own....

and then fell flat on their faces after about 9 months....

JOE.....if you really are Joe..

if you ever get another chance to talk to Mr Obama I got a great question for you to ask him....

"will you force all the small businesses in the USA to give their
"flash in the pan" " I dont want to be here" employees full 100% health benefits.??

I would love to see the song and dance he does on that one.......

JOE......the next time you get a mike shoved in your face

why dont you start asking him some other tough questoins to answer

my guess is he will ignore you ,

or you might even get a responce from John Mclain...

they both could start having a "pissing match" over who will pay you the most attension.....

and then you will get another 15 minutes of fame asking them both tough questoins to answer....

why not go for it.........:D:D:D.

Last edited:

Taylor

Reaction score
what’s really happening to the plumbers of Ohio, and to working Americans in general?

First of all, they aren’t making a lot of money. You may recall that in one of the early Democratic debates Charles Gibson of ABC suggested that $200,000 a year was a middle-class income. Tell that to Ohio plumbers: according to the May 2007 occupational earnings report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average annual income of “plumbers, pipefitters and steamfitters†in Ohio was $47,930.

Second, their real incomes have stagnated or fallen, even in supposedly good years. The Bush administration assured us that the economy was booming in 2007 — but the average Ohio plumber’s income in that 2007 report was only 15.5 percent higher than in the 2000 report, not enough to keep up with the 17.7 percent rise in consumer prices in the Midwest. As Ohio plumbers went, so went the nation: median household income, adjusted for inflation, was lower in 2007 than it had been in 2000.

Third, Ohio plumbers have been having growing trouble getting health insurance, especially if, like many craftsmen, they work for small firms. According to the Kaiser Family Foundation, in 2007 only 45 percent of companies with fewer than 10 employees offered health benefits, down from 57 percent in 2000.

And bear in mind that all these data pertain to 2007 — which was as good as it got in recent years. Now that the “Bush boom,†such as it was, is over, we can see that it achieved a dismal distinction: for the first time on record, an economic expansion failed to raise most Americans’ incomes above their previous peak.

Since then, of course, things have gone rapidly downhill, as millions of working Americans have lost their jobs and their homes. And all indicators suggest that things will get much worse in the months and years ahead.

So what does all this say about the candidates? Who’s really standing up for Ohio’s plumbers?

Mr. McCain claims that Mr. Obama’s policies would lead to economic disaster. But President Bush’s policies have already led to disaster — and whatever he may say, Mr. McCain proposes continuing Mr. Bush’s policies in all essential respects, and he shares Mr. Bush’s anti-government, anti-regulation philosophy.

What about the claim, based on Joe the Plumber’s complaint, that ordinary working Americans would face higher taxes under Mr. Obama? Well, Mr. Obama proposes raising rates on only the top two income tax brackets — and the second-highest bracket for a head of household starts at an income, after deductions, of $182,400 a year.

Maybe there are plumbers out there who earn that much, or who would end up suffering from Mr. Obama’s proposed modest increases in taxes on dividends and capital gains — America is a big country, and there’s probably a high-income plumber with a huge stock market portfolio out there somewhere. But the typical plumber would pay lower, not higher, taxes under an Obama administration, and would have a much better chance of getting health insurance.

I don’t want to suggest that everyone would be better off under the Obama tax plan. Joe the plumber would almost certainly be better off, but Richie the hedge fund manager would take a serious hit.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/20/opinion/20krugman.html?ref=opinion

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Taylor you've said it in a nutshell!

"Joe the Jackleg" we've already established is an idiot!
Just an unlicensed hack!

Most of us plumbers would do better as our incomes fall in that range where we won't take the hit...

Even "Joe the Jackleg's" income is in that range and his chances of buying that business is pretty slim indeed...
Just a pipe dream....

Frankly, with the financial wizards putting it to us like they have rolling the dice with our retirement money... Maybe Richie the hedge fund manager should get whacked for the taxes he should be paying... Instead of being in the Republican preferred income range tax bracket....:mad:

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
.... 3 signs on his front lawn...
A House for sale sign...
A forclosure sign...
And a McCain/Palin Sign...

I'd like to understand more about how and why this happens so often.

A person will promote a (theory, ideology, group) that doesn't do anything positive for the individual person. It is not in their interest, but they hold on, promoting and belonging to this group, and letting it do whatever it wants to do.

It happens all the time.

-David

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I'd like to understand more about how and why this happens so often.

A person will promote a (theory, ideology, group) that doesn't do anything positive for the individual person. It is not in their interest, but they hold on, promoting and belonging to this group, and letting it do whatever it wants to do.

It happens all the time.
-David

Darwin spent a lot of time studying this...

Joe the Plumber

Pluumbing, of course
Reaction score
I'm liking Palin more and more,
Palin's state budget request for fiscal year 2009 was $12,680 per person in Alaska.
Just think if she could write budgets for the rest of us that that would give so much money back to the tax payers. I like it, get it from the oil companies and back to the people.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks