(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bell&Gossett 100 Series Repair

Kharma my friend, determines the path of all who follow the road to enlightenment and circulator life.

Quote Originally Posted by nhmaster View Post
    Kharma my friend, determines the path of all who follow the road to enlightenment and circulator life.
    For a moment, I thought you were going to say global warming.

The F5 is a cartridge pump... so I'm assuming at worse you'd have to replace the cartridge. From what I saw they aren't too expensive. Not sure what you ended up paying for your F5, but I got mine to the door for $72. Not bad considering just a bearing assembly for the B&G was going to be almost double that.

Home Depot sells the entire 007 for 67 bucks around here.

Default The Latest Taco 007-F5 lasted 15 months !

Dang ! The Taco 007-F5 I installed 15 months ago bit the dust ! That certainly throws off the 5 years per pump statistic

Now what? Do I go get another Taco 007 again?

The whole pump runs around $75 hipping included. The replacement cartridge is about $10 less. If I know the cartridge is the problem, I would get the cartridge alone. But I don't know what failed. Could be the capacitor, or the little circuit board I see tucked in there. Since the delta is small, I will get the whole pump.

Big question ..... is the basic design correct and am I using the correct pump? That is what the plumber installed and I keep replacing with the same pump.

The pump pumps the water up about 6 feet and across the ceiling and back down to the floor level baseboard radiator. The return water goes up to the ceiling height and back down and goes back into the boiler. Both intake and return at the boiler are under the water level of the boiler.

The heating system is steam and the boiler is steam heat boiler. The hot water pump is used to warm a cold room in another part of the basement. The spec for the Taco is 240*F max, should be OK margin for the 212*F water boiling point. Head level is 10 feet, OK there. HP is 1/25HP.

Default justin_24, How's Your Pump Doing?

Justin_24, how's your pump doing?