help please !WATER PUMP TROUBLE

Users who are viewing this thread

clarissa

Reaction score
thanks!

Somebody help please!!!!!

I dont know a lot of the techinal terms so please bare with me.

Shallow well
Bladder water tank
*no water*

long story short
ran well dry not completely dry but close... pump on for maybe 1/2 hour thought it was the pressure switch ( points) changed that changed the foot valve Not that ., anyhow problem is Pump is not building up enough pressure to get water.. checked water lines all clear... primed pump.... added water to well... somebody help me

(all of the above in no particular order just as i thought about what we have done. please forgive me the way typed very tired...
would appreciate any help i can get thanks in advance!

clarissa:eek:

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
It would help a lot if you said what type of pump; jet above ground or submersible in the well. The shallow well and the part about a foot valve causes me to assume a jet pump but I don't know your definition of shallow.

If you run a jet pump dry for a 1/2 hr (or less) you probably will ruin the impeller, and you could harm a submersible too. Whenever a pump RUNS but doesn't deliver water, it is RARELY EVER the switch, or the pressure tank, or the foot valve or check valve; it IS the pump or a serious water leak in the plumbing to or from the pump.

Another possible cause is a blocked jet in a single line shallow well jet, or in the jet body in the well if you have a two line deep well jet pump. Or a blocked foot valve screen or the inlet screen on a submersible.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks