Pole Vault

Users who are viewing this thread

Southern Man

DIY Hillbilly
Reaction score
Sorry the lights not better, but I saw this the other day at a well bred private school in the area. :eek:

Last edited:

Southern Man

DIY Hillbilly
Reaction score
Do you realize how high those conductors are???

Perhaps you can tell us. Where I'm standing I'm looking uphill, between two towers. The edge of the field where the pole vault pit has probably been backfilled about 5 or 6 feet. This next photo is 90 degrees from the last one.

Again, sorry about the light. Our high schools start late in the morning, so the games are usually close to dark or under lights.

Last edited:

Southern Man

DIY Hillbilly
Reaction score
What is the picture supposed to be showing? All I see is a fairly short pole beneath some very high wires.
The thread title is a clue. The first photo shows the vertical bar support just beyond the fence, and the vaulter travels from left to right. The second shows the landing pad in the foreground.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Unless they have a super polevaulter who can clear 50-100 feet, I don't think this is a problem. And if they can reach those heights, teach them to only grab one wire at a time. Maybe the electromagnetic pulses will energize them to greater heights.

Southern Man

DIY Hillbilly
Reaction score
The lines look very low when you're there. I was working a cross county pipe line a few years back, and a lot of it was parallel to a transmission line like this, and we crossed their 68' right of way many times. We were restricted with the height of our equipment and from burning brush. We were told that a smoky fire under a line could ground it out! :eek:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks