well pump replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

stude551

Reaction score
Any tips for the do it yourselver, gonna replace my submersised well pump. any tips on lifting and holding while I take the pipes apart? As far as I can tell its about 70 feet of 1-1/4" galvinized pipe. I figured on building a tripod with 4*4's and using a come along to lift. Trying to figure out how to grab the pipe, wrap a chain or rope to choke the the pipe? Then how do I hold it to regrip, and to disassemble?

Speedbump

Reaction score
The best way to lift the pipe is with something that will screw on top of it with an eye to put a hook in.

To hold the pipe while your unscrewing, use a 1/4" or larger plate that will fit over the casing with a slow cut from one side to the center just wider than the pipe so that the coupling will sit on the plate.

Chains, ropes or whatever can and will slip when you really don't need them to. This is why there are a lot of pumps in the bottom of wells.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks