I put dishwasher soap in my rinse aid dispenser?

Users who are viewing this thread

lyban

Reaction score
I hope I have the right forum for this question.
Tonight I wanted to add some rinse aid to my dispenser in the dishwasher and I stupidly picked up the bottle of Dawn dishwashing detergent. I filled the dispenser.
I am now running a load thru the washer with lots of suds.
What should I do after. Will this take 40 or 50 washes to get rid of this or is there another way to do it.
Thanks for any advice.

Mikebarone

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Just a thought...

My buddy bought a dishwasher that I think someone must have done something like that too. My buddy put some De-foamer in, and ran a load. I just called him, and he said that you can get that De-foamer where ever you rent carpet cleaning machines.

Mike

lyban

Reaction score
Thank you . I will try to buy some today and give it a try.

Hube

Reaction score
Why not just take the dispenser cap off and use a syringe to "suck " out the solution.
Been there, done that:)

Wondering

Reaction score
Remember that the Jet Dry always dispenses in the LAST rinse, so whatever goes in at this time will dry on your dishes...

I would take the front off the machine, disconnect the dispenser, remove it and try to rinse it all out in the sink. Then reinstall and refill with Jet Dry.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks