New well success! and question

Users who are viewing this thread

Boerdoc

Reaction score
With the help of several members of this forum I have successfully placed my well pump in an old well. (Never been used). I placed it 485 ft. down in a 6 in. casing with 200 psi. poly. Amazingly it only took an hour or so to place it including taping the wire to the poly. When we first started it, the initial water clarity we got from the hydrant by the well was great. That was 2 days ago. Now the water is cloudy, almost yellowish/brown in the bathtub and toilets. My question is, If the water was clear before and is getting cloudier is this normal and will clear up with use or will it continue to worsen for a while. How long should we wait before having the water tested for quality? BTW, We had the well tested last year for quality and output and the quality was good. Thanks
Kent

Speedbump

Reaction score
I would have let the pump run on the ground before hooking it up to plumbing. Running one full blast will clear the well sooner and when it's hooked up to plumbing, it will not be pumping as hard and will therefore not stir things up so much.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks