10" rough in are hard to come by

Users who are viewing this thread

wanderinh

Reaction score
I was derailed for a while in my bathroom project and am now in the process of ordering a toilet. My specs are a 10" rough in, elongated two piece bowl in white. I have been having a most difficult time trying to locate a toilet with those specs. I was recommended Waterworks of Denver, however they do not carry Toto Toilets that work with the unifit adapter. I have been looking at Gerber toilets as well, and have been having trouble locating. Any friendly folks know of dealers in denver, or in the mountains that can meet these specs for a DIY'er? Or will I be better off hiring a contractor that can utilize their purchasing power by buying through a wholesaler? Thanks to all for your help and advice.

Alan

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Depending on the style you are looking for the Toto Vespin is a two-piece that would work (I have one in my 1/2 bath downstairs). It does use the unifit adapter. Have you checked Toto's website dealer locator? Denver is big enough, there must be at least one place that either has or can get something for you.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

You must not have very good supply houses if they do not carry a 10" toilet. I know of no company that does not make at least one 10" model, and most have more than one.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Eljer Patriot/Savoy and the AmStd Cadet series have an elongated bowl and 10" tank to match.

Reaction score
Website
www.howardemerson.com
I was derailed for a while in my bathroom project and am now in the process of ordering a toilet. My specs are a 10" rough in, elongated two piece bowl in white. I have been having a most difficult time trying to locate a toilet with those specs. I was recommended Waterworks of Denver, however they do not carry Toto Toilets that work with the unifit adapter. I have been looking at Gerber toilets as well, and have been having trouble locating. Any friendly folks know of dealers in denver, or in the mountains that can meet these specs for a DIY'er? Or will I be better off hiring a contractor that can utilize their purchasing power by buying through a wholesaler? Thanks to all for your help and advice.

Alan

Alan,
This company appears to be a Kohler distributor:
http://www.dahldenver.com/

Kohler makes the Wellworth in Elongated bowl with a 10" rough in.

Hope that helps.

HE

Last edited by a moderator:

psolutions

Reaction score
Plumbing Toilet

Wow.. I can get 10" toilet/tank at any of my supply houses. Check around at your supply houses. Almost any supply house should be able to offer you a stocked option, but if you need a specific brand they can order it for you im sure..

Lee Polowczuk

Reaction score
last year i special ordered a Cadet 3 chair height elongated bowl 10 inch rough in ..... great toilet..

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Anybody read the post?
The poster wants a good toilet! A Toto!
All they want is a toto dealer in the Denver area!:mad:

:D

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
WaterWorks of Denver

In the Seattle area, I have the 10" Toto Drake toilets.
They only need 9-1/4" to install.

CST744EF.10 or CST744SF.10

Comfort height, elongated bowl with either the 1.28 gallon Watersense Eco Flush
or the 1.6 gallon G-Max flush.
https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst744ef.10.pdf

cst474_side.jpg

Toto Vespin II CST474CEFG with SS114 Softclose seat.
This bowl was installed on a 13-1/2" rough-in using the 14" Unifit adapter.
The water shutoff can be as close as 5-1/2" to the left of center, unless it's higher off the floor, and then it can be even closer to center.
This shutoff had been replaced with a new 1/4 turn valve with brass nipple through the wall.
Installation was by James Love of Love Plumbing & Remodel 206-949-5683
In some of the older Seattle homes, the old toilets had been wall mounted tank toilets.
Those typically are 14" rough-in and need a flange repair to use standard closet bolt connections at the flange.
Everything is on the truck for that.
The Vespin comes with a standard 12" adapter or you can order a 10" or 14" adapter depending on your rough-in distance.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks