(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suntec A2VA-7116 leaking?

not really sure if it "mad" or exaspiration Either way there a just some things that need leaving alone if you don't have the knowledge.

Default Easy job professional not needed

Attempted to fire up the furnace in my camp (hasn't been used in 10 years). Burner motor would not turn. Through some simple investigation it was determined that the pump was seized up. Just ordered a new A2VA-7116 pump on line. Total cost was $55 with taxes and delivery. Disassembled the old one to find out why it didn't work. Everything was gummed up and corroded. It took 10 minutes to remove the old one so I expect it should take 10 minutes to install the new one (two bolts and two flair fittings). All other components on the furnace work (once pump was removed) Hope this was the only problem! If not then I'll still be ahead of the game if a professional needs to be called in. S far as replacing the pump it appears so simple even a caveman could do it! Extending the exhaust flu through the new roof that has been built-not quite so simple I bet! That will require some research to make it safe and code compliant.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Terry; 11-24-2010 at 10:56 AM.

No doubt that changing a pump ain't rocket science although... once you have it changed did you check the pressure because though oil pumps come factory set at 100 lbs, many burner manufacturers and service technicians will crank the pump pressure up as high as 150 lbs or so and drop the nozzle size to get better fuel atomization so without a pressure gauge, a pressure/nozzle rate chart and a combustion analyzer your job is only half done.

Let me pipe up here.

The OP is making a possibly valid risk tradeoff. We all do.

If you walk out to your car in a thunderstorm you have traded a very small chance [60 fatalities per year in the US out of 330 M people] of losing something very valuable, your life, in exchange for wanting to run an errand.

Once informed of the risks and possible outcomes, adults make their own decisions [unless the government prevents them].

Quote Originally Posted by nhmaster View Post
    the dentist and the doctor ? Or do you diy those things also?
    If this 1676 page book
    http://www.amazon.com/Grays-Anatomy-.../dp/081210644X
    were the same size as a factory service manual for any machine, I might. . .

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...esarean01.html
    Last edited by Thatguy; 11-29-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Default Clever

Quote Originally Posted by nhmaster View Post
    Yes indeed, Imagine

What do you simple country folks do about the dentist and the doctor ? Or do you diy those things also?

Oh, I'm sorry, something as innocuous as an oil burner couldn't possibly hurt anyone, or burn their house down in the middle of the night.
    Well, we borrow from our mortgage money for those situations. You know, you sound more like some teenage wiseguy then an older wise man. Try changing your delivery so you don't sound like a useless jerk. Have a sparkling day.

Arize from the dead I command thee.....Arize