single handle price pfister shower faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

don640

Reaction score
how do you replace cartridge in this? took handle off and i just see a plastic nib.

installed in 1998 and i think it is the Avante but really not positive.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
Goto the price pfister web page. With out seeing the valve it is very hard to know what you are looking at. The MFG should send you new parts and directions? The warranty should still be in effect.

don640

Reaction score
there are four screws holding a threaded black tube. the white nib the handle fits into is sticking out of this. the black tube is used to screw on a chrome tube to hold the big round plate to the shower wall. if i take out the four screws then the cartridge can be replaced? as you can tell i know nothing about this.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Pp

Yes, that is the way to do it. make sure the new one goes in exactly like the old one was so you do not wind up with the hot and cold positions reversed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks