Laundry room stinks really bad

Users who are viewing this thread

HottMommy

Reaction score
My Laundry room stinks horribly bad after I run the washing machine....rotten eggs rotten fish just a nasty odor. Do I need a pea trap? My lanlord says there is No pea trap because you don't need one. I was just wondering if that was true because I do not know how to get rid of this smell? please help....:confused:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
All discharges into the sewer require a P-trap to meet code. They also require a proper vent.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The p-trap provides a water seal that keeps sewer gases from entering your dwelling. The landlord need to get his plumbing in order your health is in jepardy.:eek:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Notify him in writing that there is no P trap on the laundry.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
There is a health issue here. What you must figure out is how to get the landlord to fix this without pissing him off by calling in the health department who would force the issue. If you have to go to that extreme, you might well want to begin looking for a new place to live because your relationship with the landlord will be pretty tense.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks