Well water test results

Users who are viewing this thread

WV Hillbilly

Reaction score
Total Alumimum - ND mg/l PQL-0.04 MCL-(0.05)
Total Barium - 0.56 mg/l PQL-0.05 MCL- 2.0
Total Iron - 0.12 mg/l PQL-0.01 MCL- (0.3)
Total Alkanity - 209 mg/l PQL-2.81
Turbidity -34 N.T.U. PQL-0.22
E. coli Absent
Total Coliform Present
Total Chloride -21.2 mg/l PQL-0.15 MCL- (250)
Total Manganese - 0.10 mg/l PQL-0.01 MCL - (0.05)
Total Organic Carbon - 4.22 mg/l PQL-0.1
Total Dissolved Solids - 296 mg/l PQL-10 MCL-(500)
Total Surfactant -ND mg/l PQL-0.2 MCL- (0.5)
Field pH - 7.36 S.U.

About a month ago my brother-in-laws well water suddenly appeared to be full of soap powders . The water was white & milky looking & there was even white grit that looked like laundry detergent . We live in an area that has a lot of natural gas wells & more being drilled everyday . There was a gas well drilled not far from his house at the same time this happened to his water well . There is some type of soap used by gas well drillers . These test results are from his water well , not mine . My question is this , do any of these test results reflect soap being in his water & if so which one . Also if none of these tests would reflect soap being in the water , what test should be requested that would ? The company that drilled the gas well had the test done . Any other comments on these test results would be more than welcome . Thanks in advance .

WV Hillbilly

Reaction score
There is already a gas well on his property & one on mine . A couple weeks ago they was marking a new location on my property to drill another one . We both get free gas from the wells on our property . My father-in-law owns the mineral rights & gets nice checks from the gas these wells produce . The average gas well depth in my area is about 5,000-5,500 ft.

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
You need to find out what chemical(s) are used in drilling and get the manufacturers MSDS sheets and specifically test for these chemicals. Testing for soaps is just a poke and hope process and you will more than likely miss something.

Southern Man

DIY Hillbilly
Reaction score
There is already a gas well on his property & one on mine . A couple weeks ago they was marking a new location on my property to drill another one . We both get free gas from the wells on our property . My father-in-law owns the mineral rights & gets nice checks from the gas these wells produce . The average gas well depth in my area is about 5,000-5,500 ft.
Damn I'd covert my truck to CNG. It would pay for itself in 6 months.

WV Hillbilly

Reaction score
Damn I'd covert my truck to CNG. It would pay for itself in 6 months.

I have been doing some research into that . The home filling stations that I have been able to find says you can't use wellhead gas . I don't see why not as all my appliances work fine on it . My furnace , range , water heater & clothes dryer all work fine . I have a backup generator that I can & will buy a conversion kit for . The kit for the generator runs off a gas line , not CNG . I'm not giving up on CNG for my vehicles yet .

Southern Man

DIY Hillbilly
Reaction score
I have been doing some research into that . The home filling stations that I have been able to find says you can't use wellhead gas . I don't see why not as all my appliances work fine on it . My furnace , range , water heater & clothes dryer all work fine . I have a backup generator that I can & will buy a conversion kit for . The kit for the generator runs off a gas line , not CNG . I'm not giving up on CNG for my vehicles yet .
My guess is that it has more do do with taxation then physio-chemical reality. You're not supposed to fill your truck from your home heating oil tank either, even though its the exact same stuff minus some red dye.

What is the BTU/ cubic foot of the well gas vs the gas line? Even if it were low it seems to me that you could just burn more of it. I'd talk to the vehicle conversion folks to see what they say.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks