MonoFlow and Pex

Users who are viewing this thread

Rockycmt

Reaction score
I have a closed loop HW system that uses Monoflow tees to each fixture. The entire loop is suspended from my finished basement ceiling. I plan to finish off my basement and I want to recess the plumbing in the ceiling. I want to convert to PEX. Is there an equivalent PEX appropriate monoflow tee or do I have to stick with the copper ones? It will be annoying to switch from pex to copper so many times.

Bill Arden

Computer Programmer
Reaction score
Website
www.billarden.com
A google search does did not turn up any PEX ones either :(

Even the pexsupply site has only copper ones.

I am thinking that you would be best off buying a good crimper and using ring crimp connections given the number of connections.

That way all you can solder the three nipples into the T while on the workbench.

At least you don't have to solder the copper pipes in the walls or up in the ceiling ;)

PS: To others out there (you know who you are) Don't cut the floor trusses to run pipes (Of course those kinds of people probably aren't on this forum)

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I suspect that if you run pex the restriction due to fitting turbulence will screw the whole system up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks