Taco Freedom Flanges Failure

Users who are viewing this thread

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score
About 2 years ago I zoned my boiler into several zones. Six at first and now it is at 8. The zoning was done with 007 circulators and I purchased Taco Shutoff Freedom flanges for each pump.

They are 1" threaded. Today I noticed what appeared to be a leak on one of the pumps. On closer inspection I touched the upper valve and it just snapped in my hand.

The brass valve/flange assemble just cut around where there appears to be a seam.

Has anyone experienced anything like this on one of these valves or any other type of ball valve? Ican't figure out what would cause this other than a manf defect.

Radster

Licensed Plumbing and heating contractor for 25 ye
Reaction score
I have ran into problems with flanges having cracked but have not had any problems with the Taco Flange/Ballvalve setup. Gotta be a Manufacturer defect.

ProtechHVAC

"HVAC'R"
Reaction score
Website
www.protechhvac.com
Yes, they are crap. How should I know? I invented the modern flanged ball valves. My name is John Rocheleau and I am an HVACR tradesman with 32 years in the trade and over a hundred inventions for the trade under my belt. See my site MaverickInventor.com.

I licensed my flanged valves and threaded and sweat flanges to Taco in 1999. Soon, they turned my high-quality concepts into cheap crap made in China. Then, mysteriously, Webstone valves cornered the market on my designs after Taco created a "sham" (so-called by my patent lawyer) of the patent application on my valves.

I am writing a book about the harrowing life of an independent inventor and innovator.

Contact me if you would like to know more.

John Rocheleau

Last edited:

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Add a chapter about the sabotage of American industry and homes by Chinese products and ethically bankrupt "American" manufacturers.

Wall street journal, B1 Wednesday, had a good article on quite a bit of MFG. coming home due to some of these issues and transport problems - and a ton of Americans that don't live as well as many Chinese anymore.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks