Aquia model#cst416m

Users who are viewing this thread

kfarhouna

Reaction score
I just installed 2 toto aquia the CST416M model, one of them is working perfect but the second one the water keep running inside the bowl from the four rim-holes in the back of the bowl, the water comes down slowly but it's annoying. so i called toto usa they aske me to check and clean the flush valve seal, so i did but nothing changed, then i switched the flush valve from the other toilet that is working good but no luck the water kept leaking inside the bowl.
and i can't figure out why the water is leaking only from the four rim-holes in the back. so any suggestion would be appreciated thanks.

kfarhouna

Reaction score
AquiaCST416M

Hi terry, thanks for the attenttion.
yes i shut off the water supply at night and the tank was full, the next morning i checked the tank and it was completly empty almost dry. ???

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Assuming the water didn't get on the floor, it either leaked out around the flapper valve (it could be warped or defective, or being held up slightly by the chain), something caught on the seat for the flapper valve, or the flapper valve seat assembly is loose and needs to be snugged up. The seat of the flapper should be smooth and not have any dips, cracks, or divots. To tighten the seat assembly, you have to take the tank off and tighten the nut that holds it in the tank. It's always a good idea to try snugging that up prior to installation of a new toilet - it's usually okay, but it could have loosened a little during transport or at the factory.

kfarhouna

Reaction score
Hi terry, thanks for the attenttion.
yes i shut off the water supply at night and the tank was full, the next morning i checked the tank and it was completly empty almost dry. ???

Jadnashua

Reaction score
It's leaking either from under the flapper valve or around the flapper seat assembly. It's easy to swap the flapper with one from your other toilet. The seat should be smooth and not have anything on it (tape, bumps, etc.). That whole assembly is held together with a BIG nut on the bottom of the tank. It could be loose and allowing water to seep out around it. Often, it won't leak onto the floor, but go into the tank.

kfarhouna

Reaction score
Thank you that sound good i'll try to switch the tank from the other toilet that is not leaking and see what happens!!!

Jadnashua

Reaction score
Before I swapped tanks, I'd swap the flapper valve - a couple of minutes at most. If that didn't do it, I'd take the offending tank off and see if the nut holding the flapper valve seat was loose.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You may try sanding the inside of the tank, where the flush valve fits in, and the connections for the tank to bowl.

When the tank is reinstalled, make sure you gradually tighten back and forth, a little at a time. The rubber washer between the tank and bowl needs to have even pressure from both sides.

kfarhouna

Reaction score
Ok thank's guys, i'll try these options tonight and i'll see what happens.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks