3 peice shower surround

Users who are viewing this thread

ryan82

Reaction score
I just finished installing a sterling vycrell(sp?) 3 peice shower surround and tub. In the instructions for the surround it said in bold letters "Only apply silicone sealant to areas where instructed to do so. Do not add silicone sealant to any other areas. The inappropriate use of silicone sealant may trap moisture and could result on mold, leakage, and mildew." The only areas it says to apply caulk is the first four inches on the right and left panels in the seam between the tub and the panel, of which I have done. Reguardless of the warning I am leary of not applying caulk to any of the other seams. I was contemplating perhaps epoxy in the seams, but I am afraid I would end up ruining my new shower/tub installation in the attempt to fix was is not broken. Has anyone had any experience with these surrounds who might have some input?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks