Best Toto Eco models

Users who are viewing this thread

pottymouth

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm getting ready to buy 3 new toilets, and wonder if Terry or anyone has any experience with the Toto Gwyneth 1 or 2-piece 1.28 gpf models. They are apparently very new, so not much out there on them (so new the 2-piece isn't even on their website yet). They seem very similar to the Ultramax, whose style I prefer, but the 1.28 Ultramax supposedly only comes in one color, and I prefer Sedona Beige. I also like the Eco Drake, but it does not come in Sanigloss, which I read on this site is preferable for the 1.28 models. The Gwyneth models have it all (color options, sanigloss, and double cyclone technology). So I would really like a comparison between the Eco Drake the the Gwyneth 1 and 2 piece models. Also, how useful is the double cyclone flushing technology? Would that make it a better choice than the Drake? Only reason I ask is that I'm not that keen on the styling of the Gwyneth, but I haven't seen one in person yet. They are offering a great rebate for the 1.28's in our area, so gotta go with the Eco for sure.
Thanks much.

Attachments

• ms604114cefg_main_usa.jpg
    ms604114cefg_main_usa.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 66,568
Last edited by a moderator:

barrybud

Reaction score
Hello potty,

I heard from Toto USA customer service that the Soirée will be released in the Eco model in the next few months. This has the same options as the Gwyneth (not sure about the 2 piece) and has a very different look.

SamC

Reaction score
This is the first I have heard of a two-piece Gwyneth. It sounds like a great idea, all the features of the one-piece and less expensive, but I can't seem to find it at the Toto web site. Is there a spec sheet out there?

pottymouth

Reaction score
It's not on their website yet, but you can see it by googling "toto gwenyth 2 piece reviews" (I tried to insert the link and can't get it to work for some reason). I'm not sure if it's much cheaper, but it looks quite different. Styling may be more desirable for some.

I'd like to know if the CEFIONTECT+double cyclone flush is worth the extra price (over the eco drake).
Thanks,

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
CEFIONTECT is worth it to me. On my old toilets, it was much harder to clean them and they got dirty quicker.

pottymouth

Reaction score
Here's a picture of the Toto 2-piece Gwyneth. Definitely less expensive than the one-piece. It has the "sanitary dam", which makes it hard for anything to disappear into a crack between the pieces, so I don't think there is much of an advantage of the 1-piece, unless you just like the look better.

Two piece Gwyneth with softclose seat, $399.99
One piece Gwyneth with softclose seat, $474.99

WaterSense Toilets for the Seattle Area

Attachments

• MS604114_zoom.jpg
    MS604114_zoom.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 684

SamC

Reaction score
According to the latest MaP report, the one-piece Gwyneth flushes 500 grams while the two-piece version flushes 800 grams, I presume because of the higher head pressure in the two-piece.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
because of the higher head pressure in the two-piece.

That's normally it.
I have the one-piece Gwyneth upstairs.
It seems to work fine.
Ben from the Northwest distributor put three in his home.

Anything 500 or more seems to work fine.
I mean, how much paper are you using?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks