Pressure switch and pump start relay

Users who are viewing this thread

cblanfrd1

Reaction score
I installed a pump start relay for my watering system. I always had pressure switch problems. Now that I put the relay on I also need the pressure switch to operate my outside spigot. Is it possible to wire in the pressure switch to use my hose without something back feeding to my relay.

Thanks

Speedbump

Reaction score
What you are doing makes no sense. Either use one or the other. If you have them wired in series, the pressure switch will still keep the pump off until the pressure gets to the cut in setting. With the timer only, you have no on demand water.

bob...

cblanfrd1

Reaction score
Found solution

I had a electriction come over and he got it working the way I wanted it. I had to put a on/off switch to turn the pressure switch off/on when I wanted to use it. And my pump relay switch works when the timer comes on.
Works gread

cblanfrd1

Reaction score
pump relay

The reason I want it this way is: When I was on vacation I had my pump running while I was gone. At some point the pressure switch would not cut off when it was suppose to. I adjusted it and it would work for sometime and it would act up again. So I put a pump start relay on. It worked perfect everytime because the power to the pump cut off at the proper time.
But I had my hose hooked into the system too. But it would not come on because it wouldn't work through the pump start relay unless I put a valve inline to do so. But that ran all the time and needed it to turn off when I turned off my hose. So by using the pressure switch on the hose it worked. And if it didn't stop I was there to stop it. The only time the pressure switch will work is by a on/off switch to turn it off. It is not on whenever the valves come on. So the pressure switch will not interfere with the start relay. I sure like this setup.
Hope understand how it works and the reason that I have it set this way. Took the electriction abit to know what I wanted. It kinda through him to but he got it to work the way I wanted it. Now I can leave and not have to worry about my watering system

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks