Scale Blaster, water softener

Users who are viewing this thread

TheOak

Reaction score
Can't remember how I Googled this to run across this guy, but it sounds most interesting.

Have you guys ever heard of a "ScaleBlaster". Their web site is here.

Googling "ScaleBlaster" some more actually found some very positive results.

I found one place wanting $300 for the smallest unit. Seems pricey and I am sure the mark up is huge.

They essentially claim that by passing an electrical field around the water it prevents lime build up and even removes existing buildup. It sounds a little like hocus pocus to me ... but their information, references, and even the Google results actually seem to suggest the thing actually works.

Anyone run into these?

http://www.scaleblaster.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I can see one problem with it immediately. It cannot soften your water (soap won't lather) if it leaves the minerals dissolved in it. Period. Or it would need to change the ions of the hardness minerals to potassium or sodium ones, like a salt water softeners do.

The process of furring actually softens the water coming out of your pipes. For example, calcium hydrogen carbonate, often present in hard water, can be boiled in a kettle to remove the hardness. In the process, a scale forms on the inside of the kettle. This scale is composed of calcium carbonate.

And then:

Our product utilizes frequencies far wider and with more energy levels than any other competitor.

But it uses the same amount of power as a nightlight.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
softener

Those companies NEVER furnish independent laboratory proof. They rely on testimonials from satisfied users who often believe that it should be working, therefore it must be doing the job.

TheOak

Reaction score
They do provide this PDF and this PDF. They also have this power point. Interesting reads.

You are right, it does not take the minerals out. To put it in terms I understand ... basically forces all the "hard" stuff in the water to clump together, therefore allowing you to feel more water over a given area. Thus the water "feels" softer.

I am not saying this thing works ... nor am I a sales man for these guys ... just was wondering if anyone ran across them and their opinions ... thanks for the feedback thus far.

biermech

Previous member
Reaction score
I installed one of these for a home owner. Told him it would not do anything but raise his electric bill. That was a year ago. And when I check back with him, he says the same thing, "Damn things a POS.

[video=youtube;1jm9Lgx-p0U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jm9Lgx-p0U[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Oh boy here we go again....
Almost like that bent quarter that the soda machine won't take...
Reach in your pocket when your buying a soda and guess which coin comes up every time...

Bill Arden

Computer Programmer
Reaction score
Website
www.billarden.com
See also: Zeta Rod residential water treatment
https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10487

It's like when had to explain to investors why the "media fusion" concept would not work as planed and not to invest in the company. http://www.freepatentsonline.com/EP1101348.html
I can see where the maser effect could exist, but the equipment they were building was not going to work.

I can see where it might work, but... there is a big difference between demonstrating an effect in the lab and having a product that works.

-
From what I understand you need either, enormous field strengths, lots of time, or high energy levels to demonstrate this kind of water effect in a lab.

And then you see a product that...
1. Uses little or no power.
2. Is just cheep enough to buy.
3. Is small and easy to install.
4. Only handles the water for a very brief amount of time.
5. Has hard to compare results.

I'll have to reserve judgment for now since My expertise is in Electronics, Utility system Power line signals, and big power electronics.

PS: I have a device that will save you 5% on your gas mileage. It looks like wall-mart has started selling it too, but mine is better. Want to buy one?
*giggles* It's called a tire pressure gauge.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I'm still waiting to hear back from the Zeta Rod guy. So far the phone's been real quiet.:D

latreche34

Reaction score
The only way I see it it might work is that if you would coil the entire piping with that green wire, And that only protects the pipes from scale buildup, They still need to figure out how to eliminate water hardness.

Check out this one too:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks