Need to move toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

joec

tile contractor
Reaction score
I am remodeling my bath and want to move the toilet sideways. I've seen offset flanges,, but not sure how well they work or what the max offset wold be. also I don't want to make the toilet have problems flushing.
I am on a slab, and I can cut out the concrete, I just don't want to end up with a huge project trying to get the toilet flange and pipe hooked bck up. I am pretty sure the pipe runs parallel to the direction I want to move the toilet in so tha the pipe will need to be cut shorter The house is about 23 years old, so I am pretty sure the the drain pipe is somewhat modern material. ABS or?
Any input would be appreciated. Joe

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

You will not know the material until you remove the toilet, and the same is true of the drain's direction. Until you have facts you will not know what to do or how to do it.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
offset

Depends on the material and the flange. Some offsets are no worse than a regular one, while others are a disaster, either to install or during use. And some will not offset sideways.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks