Pulsing dribble from tub spout??????????

Users who are viewing this thread

inn_jay

Reaction score
Hello All,

I decided to install an anti-scald valve in one the rooms of a small inn. The old hot cold diverter was removed and the new 4 way valve was installed requiring a new configuration of the copper pipe. I had an experiened DIY watch me sweat the pipes and everything appeared to go real well.

The problem is that the tub spout dribbles and leaks when the valve is closed. Thnking it was a defective valve, we had a new valve cartridge sent to us by the manufacturer, American Standard. The valve with the new cartridge leaks, too. It kind of pulses and then dribbles a little. 15 seconds later it does it again and then again and again.

If the valve is new, and the rings all looked good. What else could be the problem? Thanks in advance.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

It is hard to say what the problem is without being there, but it is an interesting scenario, an "experienced" DIYer watching an "inexperienced" DIYer install a valve which is going to be buried inside a wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks