Light fixture above the shower

Users who are viewing this thread

Dexter

Reaction score
Well after installed the motion activated light control. It won't detect the motion when we're in the shower because we have the sliding shower doors :( If we need the light to be on we have to open and close the door. I plan to install a light above the ceiling in the bath tub. But wonder what kind of fixture is acceptabled. If you would, show me some photos would help a lot.

Thanks so much guys

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
A fixture over the shower has to be wet location listed. Basically, it will have a gasketed lens cover. Halo, and other, make such fixtures.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Ha ha. I have had that experience with motion sensors as well.

You have two options there. Replace with an ordinary switch, or extend the "on" time (they are adjustable).

Alternatively, my work has some nifty motion sensors for office lighting. They are ceiling mounted and very sensitive to the smallest movement. I wonder if a commercial solution could be found?

Last edited:

Chris75

Electrician
Reaction score
A fixture over the shower has to be wet location listed. Basically, it will have a gasketed lens cover. Halo, and other, make such fixtures.

Actually, it only has to be rated for a damp location unless subject to shower spray. ;)

ryan82

Reaction score
As an electrician we use the Lithonia L3 cans and the Bathroom trim (I can not recall the name) as the previous person said, it should be rated for a damp location.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks