Bulb for bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Dexter

Reaction score
what kind of bulb are you using in your bathroom? I've just installed a new lighting fixture and use a cfl 65w bulb and I also replaced the regular switch with a motion activated light control. But the bulb takes a while to bright it up

Chris75

Electrician
Reaction score
what kind of bulb are you using in your bathroom? I've just installed a new lighting fixture and use a cfl 65w bulb and I also replaced the regular switch with a motion activated light control. But the bulb takes a while to bright it up

Thats the downside to fluorescents.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Fluorescent bulbs are not always friendly to motion sensors. The fact that yours works at all, with no flickering, etc. means you probably got a properly rated motion sensor.

CFL's do have a 'warmup' time, usually only a minute or so.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
switch

Automatic switches use the light bulb as as part of their circuit when the light is off. Flourescent bulbs can malfunction when that minute current is running through them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks