kohler toilet review

Users who are viewing this thread

jgilliam1955

Reaction score
I am replacing the toilets in my 18 year old home.(3 bathrooms) Both toilets I have installed I bought at Lowes as a complete kit. The American Standard was about $140. The Kohler was about $230. The wife fussed at me because the Ameican Standard I put in the master bathroom was not bone color. THAT's why I bought the kohler toilet because it was the only one that was bone color. (Don't get me started.)
Both toilets said they would flush 150 feet of toilet paper. The American Standard works great! Have not had any problems with clogs or anything.
BUT the Kohler in the downstairs living area will clog up. It is such a problem that I keep a plunger next to it. The Kohler worked great for about 4 months. The flush power is the same. We have Kohlers at work & they do not have this problem. (about 25 guys use it)
I got one more bathroom to do & I think I'll put switch out the Kohler & move it the the Guest bathroom & put in another American Standard downstairs. (IF I can find a bone color.) :cool:

elidine

Reaction score
I am replacing the toilets in my 18 year old home.(3 bathrooms) Both toilets I have installed I bought at Lowes as a complete kit. The American Standard was about $140. The Kohler was about $230. The wife fussed at me because the Ameican Standard I put in the master bathroom was not bone color. THAT's why I bought the kohler toilet because it was the only one that was bone color. (Don't get me started.)
Both toilets said they would flush 150 feet of toilet paper. The American Standard works great! Have not had any problems with clogs or anything.
BUT the Kohler in the downstairs living area will clog up. It is such a problem that I keep a plunger next to it. The Kohler worked great for about 4 months. The flush power is the same. We have Kohlers at work & they do not have this problem. (about 25 guys use it)
I got one more bathroom to do & I think I'll put switch out the Kohler & move it the the Guest bathroom & put in another American Standard downstairs. (IF I can find a bone color.) :cool:

Who flushes 150 feet of TP at a time? Seems like a waste to me :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks