Ventfree fireplace

Users who are viewing this thread

ab6219

Reaction score
We are building a new house and we we are all said and done it will be pretty air tight (tvyek, blownin insulation in 2x6s) and we also got a ventfree LPG fireplace. At first I wasn't too concerned with it being ventfree because it is downstairs and the first floor is pretty large (1500sq ft) and has a pretty open floorplan, but after doing a little reading, I am a tad bit concerned about the possible lack of fresh air in the house when the fireplace is burning. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks - Ashley

ab6219

Reaction score
Seriously???!!!

Even though you all have the same answer I'm going to ask this anyhow, what are you worried about CO2 emmissions, LPG gasline leak,? I'm just trying to see what your talking about, it's going to be in the living/foyer and will actually not burn all that frequently and would not remain burning at night?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
and would not remain burning at night?

You THINK it won't burn all night. But what if the dog hits the switch. Or one of the kids decides it is a little chilly. Point is, this only has to happen once. Next year....10 years from now, whatever!

Yes, Carbon Monoxide (CO) is what I am concerned about. Not to mention O2 depletion, as you mentioned a very tight house.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks