(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Ventfree fireplace

  1. #1

    Default Ventfree fireplace

    We are building a new house and we we are all said and done it will be pretty air tight (tvyek, blownin insulation in 2x6s) and we also got a ventfree LPG fireplace. At first I wasn't too concerned with it being ventfree because it is downstairs and the first floor is pretty large (1500sq ft) and has a pretty open floorplan, but after doing a little reading, I am a tad bit concerned about the possible lack of fresh air in the house when the fireplace is burning. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Thanks - Ashley

  2. #2
    Plumber jimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    9,001

    Default

    Not legal most places. Legal or not....don't do it!

  3. #3
    Master Plumber nhmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    S. Maine
    Posts
    2,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Not legal most places. Legal or not....don't do it!
    Perfect answer

  4. #4
    Master Plumber Redwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    7,463

    Default

    Having you family wake up in the morning is a good thing....

  5. #5

    Default Seriously???!!!

    Even though you all have the same answer I'm going to ask this anyhow, what are you worried about CO2 emmissions, LPG gasline leak,? I'm just trying to see what your talking about, it's going to be in the living/foyer and will actually not burn all that frequently and would not remain burning at night?

  6. #6
    Plumber jimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    9,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ab6219 View Post
    and would not remain burning at night?

    You THINK it won't burn all night. But what if the dog hits the switch. Or one of the kids decides it is a little chilly. Point is, this only has to happen once. Next year....10 years from now, whatever!

    Yes, Carbon Monoxide (CO) is what I am concerned about. Not to mention O2 depletion, as you mentioned a very tight house.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •