CLeaning a TOTO with saniglosee: What cleaners are safe to use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Deathlok

Reaction score
I have had my TOTO Drake with sanigloss & G-max for over 1 year. This toilet is a work of art. Its so beautiful.

But I have not given much thought to the type of cleaner I use. I read this little blurb & it got me thinking:

Q: What can I use to clean Sana-Gloss toilets?

A: In order to keep the Sana-Gloss finish functioning at its best, it is suggested that you never use an abrasive cleaner and if at all possible stick to a liquid cleaner. The Sana-Gloss finish is not a "coating" but rather a finer, more structured way of baking the porcelain within the bowl portion of the toilets.

SO what liquid cleaners are recommended? I am thinking that abrasive cleaners like AJAX & the like are a big no no. What about those scrubbing bubble pads that detach from a brush & throw away after each use?(Johson & Johnson makes them)

These are the ones I mean: http://housewares.about.com/od/gadgetstools/gr/scrubbfreshbrsh.htm

Last edited:

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
The only thing you should not use is abrasives.
The CEFIONTECT finish is used because toilets have small ridges that traps dirt and this barrier stops it getting in those ridges.
If you were to use abrasives you would be creating ridges.

SanaGlossâ„¢ seals the bowl with an ionized barrier, creating a super-smooth surface. This non-porous surface helps prevent particles from adhering to ceramic, while a catalyzed ion barrier actually repels particles away.

https://terrylove.com/pdf/cefiontect_instructions.pdf

• Use a mild dish detergent to clean your lavatory.
• Use a gel-based toilet bowl cleaner.
• Use a soft cloth to clean your lavatory.
• Use a soft-bristled plastic brush to clean your toilet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I've never felt the applicator on that thing...it is possible that it has some abrasives in the pad or the solution. Basically, don't use anything that is abrasive and you should be okay.

Valve

Reaction score
Can you use straight Clorox bleach w/out damaging the finish?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks