11" 3 handle tub/shower valve

Users who are viewing this thread

led35

Reaction score
I am a licensed plumber from Massachusetts and I saw in the archives from 2005 a thread about the desire and some solutions for replacement valves of this size. In searching for a replacement for a customer with nice original tile that they do not want to disrupt the only 11" replacement I have found is a ugly home depot no-name. All of the info in that original thread is outdated. Can anyone please assist me in finding a better solution? Either modifying a nice 8" valve or a better alternative to the unit that home depot has, would really make my life easier. Thanks, Mark.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I am surprised that HD has an 11" or adjustable 3 handle job. Don't see that anywhere out here.

What about creative use of the 3 holes....put a single handle valve in the middle, maybe a diverter in one hole, and who knows....maybe a soap dispenser or something. Just trying to think out of the box.

What part of MA? I am originally from Newbury, but left home in '64 for the Navy and ultimately S. Calif.

led35

Reaction score
Thanks Jimbo but its in a thin wall, there is not much room for anything, the customer is a neat freak and the place has vintage wall covering on the back side so even making the existing access hole a little bigger is already giving her fits.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You might want to check with the local inspector...a repair normally wouldn't require updates to current code, but talk about replacing, and it usually does. This would mean either pressure balanced or thermostatically controlled. I think you might find one that used three handles: temp, volume, divertor if you look hard. Now, getting it all hooked up with small holes and no access from the back is probably not going to happen. I think I'd walk away from this one, you may not win.

Lancaster

Reaction score
My go-to for the rare occasions these are needed is the Union Brass 230.Nobody would ever accuse it of being sexy,but its functional.We very rarely see 3 handle shower valves around here and when we do we use remodel plates and switch them to pressure balanced whenever possible.11" spread is like almost never.

http://www.unionbrass.com/catalog/230. Front.PDF

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
11" faucet

If you do not have specialty plumbing store, Great Indoors should have access to companies like California Brass that make a large variety of 11" faucets.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks