Very little cold water coming out of shower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorcha

Reaction score
Hi

I live in a building that was converted into apartments in the early 70s. My bath has a shower attachment which you activate by pulling up a lever (pull it up to get the water in the shower, push it down the water goes out the tap in the bath). There is plenty of pressure in the bath taps, but when you turn on the shower, it seems that it's only hot water coming through. I have to turn the hot water practically off and cold water on full to get a normal temperature...and even then the pressure is woeful.

Does anyone have any ideas on what is going on? It is driving me mad!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Is water leaking out the tub spout?

Take the showerhead off and see what kind of flow and pressure you get. The showerhead could be a clogged up. SOmetimes, imersing it in vinegar overnight will disolve most of it and restore its operation if that is the case. Or, if you get good flow with the showerhead off, just pick up a new one.

Sorcha

Reaction score
The shower head is new - there is hot water coming through but very little cold water. When I switch the lever to shower - there is no water coming out of the bath tap so I don't think it is that either.

It's a total mystery!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
take the showerhead off, then turn on the water. See if anything flushes out of the pipe.

Is the tub volume good?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks