Tension In Copper Tubing

Users who are viewing this thread

oreyes

Reaction score
Help....

I'm a homeowner who soldered my first pipes just a couple of weeks ago. I recently converted from a shower-tub to shower only. To get the proper depth for my shower valve I have to push them into the wall about 1/2" and am concerned this tension may weaken the joints over time. The whole assembly is tight (not slack) due to my having to force them into place My lines come from the floor at 3/4 and I have a reducer to 1/2" one line come in at the front of the 2x4 on the floor and the other one towards the back of the wall and they both continue on to the 2nd fl shower through the ceiling. Do I need a do over and any suggestions? My wall is still open. Any help greatly appreciated.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pipes

1/2" should not create any problems. If there are any problems it might be that the movement tilted the valve so it is not vertical at the wall's surface.

oreyes

Reaction score
At this point only because its done. But I reckon if I was going to do over that would be it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks