www.noleaks.org

Users who are viewing this thread

Leaky Boot

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with this product for going thru concrete, and if so was it positive? What's the best way to drill a hole in a basement wall for this item? LB www.noleaks.org

Speedbump

Reaction score
It's a neat idea. I'm surprised someone didn't think of it a long time ago. However, if you have ever hammered through a poured concrete wall, the hole does not look anything like the one shown in their picture. With a hammer drill and the right bit, you could probably get through 8" of concrete in less than a day. Well, maybe a little quicker with a real sharp bit!

bob...

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
It is basically a piece of galvanized pipe with rubber and steel washers to seal the concrete and it will rust, corrode, slow the flow and eventually need replacement like all galvanized does and unless the concrete is very smooth it still may leak some.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I was wrong...it is made of aluminum...I don't think this is a good thing...I think is is a bad idea...

Brass,Copper or stainless would be much better.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
hole

A diamond core drill is the only thing that would make a neat hole for that device. Aluminum and water? Not a good thing. Aluminum boats need an anode plate to keep the water from attacking the metal.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
My main concern with aluminium is that it would be too soft for this application. It must be brass, or copper if you are desperate.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
My main concern with aluminium is that it would be too soft for this application. It must be brass, or copper if you are desperate.

I would be more concerned with the fact that aluminum is often used for a sacrificial anode in water heaters when the water reacts badly with magnesium....

I wonder how long this will take to sacrifice itself?

Don't quit the day job and make sure your product liability insurance is adequate!

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
This is one of those ideas that is creative but not at all practical ...

Who wants a joint on an outside wall that is buried under 4 feet of earth anyway? I see just see this adding more cost and increasing install time:rolleyes:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I am going to guess that the guy is a machinist and has no idea what he should be using and he just used the easiest material to drill and turn so his labor would be low trying to keep the price low so he could make sales.

I e mailed him and told him that he shouldn't be using aluminum...I haven't heard back yet...

I just got back online...I had been without power since Sunday afternoon...there are still 200,000+ people without power as of Thursday AM. just between Cincinnati and Dayton OH.

Speedbump

Reaction score
there are still 200,000+ people without power as of Thursday AM. just between Cincinnati and Dayton OH.

I had no idea Ike was that mean to you guys up there. I thought all the damage was done in Texas. No wonder my carburator parts coming from Ohio aren't here yet.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks