2 Furnace setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Pgh_DIYer

Reaction score
Hi,

I am in the process of purchasing a townhouse. During the home inspection I discovered it has two furnaces. It originally had the one for the main level and upstairs. The second was added at a later date to heat the laundry/garage/gameroom. The owner stated they had some issues during the winter with pipes freezing. They tried some different solutions (there is a gas heater in the grage that is turned off) and eventually just had nother furnace installed.

The inspector noted the two furnaces used a common flue as shown in the attachment. The inspector said it should be a Y connector and not a T connector as is installed. Does anyone know what is the correct setup? The owners are having someone look at it but I have no knowledge of this type of thing to fall back on.

Thank You.

Attachments

• i41.jpg
    i41.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 317
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks