Furnace Filters size

Users who are viewing this thread

RiverdaleWG

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Honeywell hot air furnace that calls for a 16x25x4 size box filter.
These filter are not usually available from either my local Home Depot or Lowes. Also, they cost over $25 dollars each.

Maybe a frugal type question, but could I use the 1" filters instead, and find a easy way to hold it in.

Thanks
Walter

Mort

Reaction score
Consider it cheap insurance to protect your unit. The one for my Carrier HVAC system is about $75 and I change it in the spring and fall. When I have it serviced each year the inside burners, etc are nice and clean. Probably a little over kill on my part, but the unit looks and runs like new....and it helps to keep my utility costs down as a bonus.

Mort

Lancaster

Reaction score
Looking around the web,$25 doesnt seem like an unreasonable price if its a real OEM Honeywell filter.At the popular "auction site" I see some after market ones for as little as 15 and maybe less if you buy a multiple quantity,of course,shipping charges must be taken into account.
You might check with your local Honeywell distributor and see what they can offer for a cash and carry price.There are still some supply houses that will sell to non-trade customers.