Furnace Filters size

Users who are viewing this thread

RiverdaleWG

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Honeywell hot air furnace that calls for a 16x25x4 size box filter.
These filter are not usually available from either my local Home Depot or Lowes. Also, they cost over $25 dollars each.

Maybe a frugal type question, but could I use the 1" filters instead, and find a easy way to hold it in.

Thanks
Walter

Mort

Reaction score
Consider it cheap insurance to protect your unit. The one for my Carrier HVAC system is about $75 and I change it in the spring and fall. When I have it serviced each year the inside burners, etc are nice and clean. Probably a little over kill on my part, but the unit looks and runs like new....and it helps to keep my utility costs down as a bonus.

Mort

Lancaster

Reaction score
Looking around the web,$25 doesnt seem like an unreasonable price if its a real OEM Honeywell filter.At the popular "auction site" I see some after market ones for as little as 15 and maybe less if you buy a multiple quantity,of course,shipping charges must be taken into account.
You might check with your local Honeywell distributor and see what they can offer for a cash and carry price.There are still some supply houses that will sell to non-trade customers.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks