(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Floor supply line...suggestions please

Default Floor supply line...suggestions please

Hi everyone...wondering if someone can suggest a toilet for me. I have a supply line coming through the floor, which limits size of the base I can install. I tried a Toto Drake, but no luck as the supply is too close and impedes the base. I have no desire to rip up the tile floors and fix the problem, so I'm looking for some advice. It appears I have to go with "older" technology as those toilets have a base a few inches forward from the wall, such as Am Standard Antiquity. Am Standard Cadet and Champion are too far back.

I can't seem to identify a Toto that will work, which is unfortunate, as I do prefer a Toto. I did see some of the Eljers and Gerbers have the design that would work.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar

Can you give us the dimensions from the wall to supply and center of the outlet to supply?

Wall to supply 4.25" and center of outlet to supply 4", or slightly under 4. It's hard to measure. I assume when you say center of outlet, you mean the midpoint of the toilet, right?

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar

4" from the center of the toilet (or outlet) i can't find any toilet with that small of dimensions.

Default toilet

New technology has little, if anything, to do with the toilet's appearance or size of the footprint. Some very cutesy toilets have poor technology and flush terribly.

Default toilet

New technology has little, if anything, to do with the toilet's appearance or size of the footprint. Some very cutesy toilets have poor technology and flush terribly. The 4" to the side of the outlet would be the hard part, (because few toilets are less than 9" wide meaning 4 1/2" just to get past them), but since many, if not most, do not come within 4" of the wall at the rear, especially since they are also rounded, you should have a large selection available.