swap laundry room to half bath

Users who are viewing this thread

tonyf3

Reaction score
My wife wants to turn the current laundry room into a half bath and convert one of the full baths into a laundry room. We have a single story on pier and beam foundation.

My question is about converting the laundry to a 1/2 bath. The current laundry room has a 2in drain and vent. For an unknown reason, there is a 3 inch waste pipe already installed and it connects into another 3 inch waste pipe before exiting the house.
I’ve attached what I think needs to be done (in red). The distance between the toilet and the sink will be about 4feet. Add a 3inch closet for the toilet and use a wye to run a 2 inch vent that ties back into the main vent at least 6 inch above the sink.

Best I can gather is California uses 2006 Uniform Plumbing. Does this look correct or am i way off.

Thanks- Tony

Attachments

• Half Bath1.JPG
    Half Bath1.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 689
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks