Toilet buying advice needed...any low splashers out there?

Users who are viewing this thread

jrjordan

Reaction score
I am going to need to buy some new toilets and needed some advice.

I am looking for something that mainly has no/little splash when standing and urinating. Do most do this or do I need to look for one that is specific. Also, is there one that would splash less when flushing?

I would also like a higher base, elongated, lower water use, etc.

Terry, I noticed on your site that the Toto toilets were rated well, but what about their splash?

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There is no splash on the Toto Drake models.
I guess something like the Toto Drake ADA would work well.

Any toilet by Toto that has siphon jet flush, does so cleanly, without a mess.

Last edited:

jrjordan

Reaction score
I am not sure what exactly to ask, but when a man stands up to urinate, there is usually water from the bowl that splashes out and onto the wall/floor.

When you flush the toilet maybe it does not splash, maybe that is called spray.

Are their toilets that splash and spray more and some that splash and spray a lot less or not at all?

Maybe I just splash and spray more than others? :eek:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
A Toto ADA height Drake will work for you. The extra height will help the splash problem and, unless you are extremely short, your knees will love the ADA height when you are sitting and are ready to stand.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks