(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Need to extend trap fitting

  1. #1

    Default Need to extend trap fitting

    I replaced a rust clogged vent and drain pipe with ABS. Rather than patch the old plaster wall which I originally planned to do, I put 1/2 new drywall over it. Well, now my nicely cemented trap fitting sits partially inside the new drywall. Can these be extended with a threaded fitting, and if so, would this be any code violation? I live in PA. I'd sure hate to rip the drywall off after all the trouble I went to. One to learn on, I guess.

  2. #2
    Master Plumber Redwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007


    Rowdy Roddy Piper... Now thats a blast from the past!
    Still wearing the kilt and doing an occaisional body slam?

    I wouldn't trust the threaded connection.
    I'd drill it out of the tee with a rambit.
    Then I'd put in a short length of pipe and extend it out with a new slip joint adapter glued on.

  3. #3
    Moderator & Master Plumber hj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

    Default problem

    The trap adapter thread is too fragile for an extension, and it has a straight thread which will not tighten to anything except a slip nut.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts