(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Inline Backflow Preventer - Plumbing Supply in Seattle?

  1. #1

    Default Inline Backflow Preventer - Plumbing Supply in Seattle?

    I am installing three new outside water lines (2 sillcocks, and 1 sprinkler) by connecting to the 3/4 supply that also supplies my bathrooms, kitchen and water heater. The outside fausets and sprinkler are at the end of the line, and extend about 10ft from the closest drinkable supply.

    I know that a backflow device is required, but standard siphon sillcocks can't be used because of clearance between the joists. I'd like to install a single inline backflow device at the end of my 3/4 supply, before it meets the T's leading to the sprinklers and sillcocks.

    Unfortunally, I can't find anyone in the Seattle area who carries these things in stock, and of course, none of the big guys (*********, **********, etc.. could help). Anyone have any suggestions on where I can purchase one of these. I found the exact one I need from B&K (last page, top):

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Plumber RioHyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio


    Not sure about the Seattle area, but every supply house (Ferguson, Winnelson, Kemper, etc.) here in Cincinnati carries a dual check backflow preventer. Ask for a 3/4" Watts Series 7 dual check valve.

    As far as the silcocks go, you can install a hose connection vacuum breaker on them.

    Check on Watts Regulator's website. www.wattsreg.com/products/
    You can do a search for the Series 7 and the vacuum breaker. I tried to post links to both pages, but for some reason I cant. Both products are there however.

    Good luck!

  3. #3
    Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    Blog Entries


    If you are using it for irrigation, you could be looking at using one of these.

    http://www.wattsreg.com/scripts/baserun2/baserun.exe?_cfg=./db/wattsreg-products.cfg&_sn=wattsreg-products&_fil=alltrim(cat)%3d'Double_Check_Valve_A ssemblies'.and.alltrim(family)%3d'Backflow_Prevent ers_&_Accessories'&_tar=_view3

    These are permitted devices which require yearly testing.
    Any plumbing supply has these. I doubt that the big box stores have them, but then those stores are for home owners.

  4. #4
    Plumber jimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    San Diego


    In most areas a dual check valve is not sufficient backflow prevention for a sprinkler. In residential use, vacuum breaker-type valve is minimum. For mulifamily you usually are required to have reduced-pressure-principle double check valve type. Both of the aforementioned cannot be inside your dwelling.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts