Air in water lines

Users who are viewing this thread

pby cat

Reaction score
I just found this site after dealing with this issue for about a year. I read some of other responses to the air in line problems, but had a follow up question. When water is coming into my tank from the well, I can feel/hear the bubble/gurgling which would seem like my water level in my well has fallen. This would lead to what I would do next. I read that the pump should be checked (its at least 10 years old) but not sure if it can be lowered and if so, would the well need to be drilled deeper? What type of company (well drilling) should I contact or can a plumber come in and check to see if I'm completely off base and its an issue inside the house. I've run into a few other budget problems (hence dealing with if for a year), but I'm biting the bullet as I fear waiting has caused a bigger problem. Hopefully I'm what I'm trying to say is clear.
Chris

James_B

Reaction score
hello,
What you want to say it is not clear will you tell me briefly.

Leaky Boot

Reaction score
Air

Do you have a submersible pump, or one up top? If your pumping the well down to the intake level you should have more indication of that than just some air in the system, I would think. LB

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
A pump guy or well driller is a much better choice than a plumber, only call a plumber that is capable and willing to pull the pump out of the well.

Lowering the pump may work but you first need to know if the water level is falling to the pump's inlet because there are other possible causes of "air in the lines". There could be a hole in the pipe from the well or a fitting leaking.

Do you always have the air or is it after using a lot of water?

Does the pump shut off when you stop using water?

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Feel/hear bubble/gurgling!

Feeling or hearing bubbling/gurgling in it's self only means you are having a problem. If it's a jet pump (above ground pump) it could be be a leak or sucking air (possibly due to a lowered water or pumping level).

I would call a qualified Pump Installer; Well Driller (that services pumps) or a Plumber that is fully qualified and experienced in servicing well pumps (most are not).

I prefer a CWD/PI or MGWC Certified Contractor. Not that they are better, it's just that they do have some credentials.

Look in the yellow pages under pump service then look for a certified pump installer or certified pump installer/plumber.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks