I have trickle of water but its not a pressure issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Selgea

Reaction score
Suggestions.Ideas, HELP please I have trickle of water but its not a pressure issue?

I posted some things about my cistern but I resloved those, got evrything working and now in a couple of places I have water just trickling out. The pressure is fine and its holding. But in the shower, kitchen sink, and washer I'm only getting a trickle of water. The tub however runnibng fine as is everything else. I had a similar problem with toilet before. I took it apart and discovered small pebbles in th line. I dont know why or where they came from. But could this be happening other places? Or could there be air trapped in there? I would like to know what to do before I go tearing apart all the pipes in the house.

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Sometimes you can blow the pebbles back out the way they came in. You have to cut the main line loose at the pressure tank. Then use a valve stem out of a tubeless tire and hold it against the faucet. Then blow air back down the line and the pebbles should come out of the cut main line. I am pretty sure the gravel is the problem since everything else is working fine.

I would also put in a course screen to filter out the gravel for next time.

Selgea

Reaction score
we have never had any problems before but considering that the house was built and cistern back in 50's I suppose have a few problems should be expected. problem is I dont know where to put a screen because of the way the system is built. water comes up from cistern straight into pressure tank, directly mounted on top of the tank is the pump itself then strait out to the house. To "spray" out the lines I'm gonna have to inpressuriz the sytem and even so last time I got water everywhere.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Clean out the cistern, then put a screen on the line coming into the cistern. If there is no gravel in the cistern, the supply pump can't put gravel in your water lines.

Selgea

Reaction score
Actually the cistern it self is clean. When we ran out of water I took that opportunity to clean it. As far as put in a screeen its filled by the rain there are 4 spots at the corners of the house which filter the water using a sand system I am yet to fully understand. I cant put anything in these that do much with out restricting the water flow. In the cistern it has a "jet" pickup that is atleast 9" from the floor. I cant imagine why that would pick up gravel?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If the suction is 9" off the bottom, I don't see how you could be picking up gravel either. Maybe it is just calcium deposits out of your water heater. When I flush out my water heater, it looks like gravel as well but, it is just chunks of water deposits. This would explain gravel in the shower but, not the gravel in the toilet, as it is hooked to cold water.

Selgea

Reaction score
I thought of that too, but the water heater is less than 3 months old! However because of where it was I hired someone to put it in. The old one just stopped working...maybe it was clogged too now that I think about it. However when they replaced it I wonder if they noticed the pebbles and I wonder if they just left them in the pipes, (didnt flush them out) ? :(

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks