outdoor faucet lock

Users who are viewing this thread

stoeckle

Reaction score
Hello,

Back in 2002, Ben posted a question regarding an outdoor faucet lock. My problem is similar; I really need a way to lock my outdoor water faucet WITHOUT removing the handle. I live in the desert, and water is a very precious - and expensive - commodity. Someone is using our water, and our consumption this past month more than doubled. I want to control access to the tap, and my husband wants to be able to use the tap quickly in case of a fire. Any ideas, folks?

CaptWally

Reaction score
Find some Industrial Supply catalogs such as MSD or Grainger, or find them on the web. They have complete lines of OSHA compliant lock-out devices and such. You can find a thing that actually goes over the entire hose fitting that secures with a padlock. They even have ones for huge valves such as you would find in a factory setting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks