caroma toilets run when it rains heavily

Users who are viewing this thread

tuskart

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am writing for expert advice and to prove to my husband that I am not an idiot :)

We have two Caroma Caravelles which we absolutely love. Lately they have begun to run off and on througout the day, as if there is a leak somewhere. We are in the process of finding someone in our area that can service them, although I think I may have found the answer here: http://www.ehow.com/how_2084502_stop-leaking-caroma-caravelle.html

HERE IS MY QUESTION FOR YOU HOWEVER: Why is it that they seem to do this only when we have heavy rains? They were at their worst during Tropical Storm Fay (we live in northeast Florida). Since the ground has dried up, they are not running at all anymore. I tell my husband this and he says it's not possible, not logical, that rain would have anything to do with toilets.

Can anyone tell me what is going on?

Thanks in advance :)

Click here to view Caroma product information and installation

Last edited by a moderator:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
That little grey seal is the problem. Just replace it. You will have to get the part online or from the plumber / place you bought them from.

As far as the rain causing them to run...hmmmm

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks