busted up slab (pic) for shower in basement

Users who are viewing this thread

cicerored

Reaction score
I am about 1/2 way there with the removal of the slab. But I think you can get a good idea of what I want to do.

I have a sink, toilet roughed in, in my basement. I am adding a shower rough in, because I am going to finish the basement. The sink has a 1.5" vent that goes out the ceiling and connects to the main stack in the attic.

I am going to have the bathroom fixtures lined up in the following order: sink, toilet, shower

In the picture you can see where the sink and toilet hook into the main waste line.

I want to use a 4x2 Wye to connect to the 4" line, then a 2x2 wye, then 2x2 pipe - one line to the p-trap/drain, one vent over to the wall and up to the ceiling level where I will run it over to the sink vent (the shower trap will be about 7 feet away from the sink vent).

Will this work?

Thanks

Attachments

• shower pipes.jpg
    shower pipes.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,779

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
You better break slab towards the dust buster cause you have the wye going the wrong way for the shower.

cicerored

Reaction score
Ok, Thanks Redwood. I get it. That's why I posted before doing any more demo

Have the 4x2 wye go like this?

Attachments

• shower pipes2.jpg
    shower pipes2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Unless washed by a fixture upstream (and not in every state) all vents must rise vertically to a point 6" above the flood level rim of the highest fixture served. That means no part of any "dry" vent may be installed horizontally below the flood level rim.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
really

In that case why are you reluctant to spend a bit of it? Or did you lose your first fortune and are working on your second one a few dollars at a time. The easy way is to go directly to the shower P trap, with the vent into a Y and then run to and up the wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks