Ok, pex connection type....

Users who are viewing this thread

Rich H

Civil Engineer
Reaction score
I have looked at all the PEX connection types - I like the Wirsbo / Uponor system the best, and it seems to have the following of most all the pro plumbers. The Viega ProPress seems good too. My question is this - the other two major connection types, copper crimp or stainless steel clamp - which one is the better system? To me, the SSC seems like it should be better as it will not be as susceptible to thermal expansion/contraction failure as the copper crimp I think may be. Thoughts, opinions?? :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Master Plumber 101

In the Trades
Reaction score
I love using propress for repair's, it's the bomb. I have used against my will both crimpping style's of pex. I guess it's a horse a piece.

Did anyone ever use the pex you expand than put over the fitting and wait for it to contract. What a joke!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
My question to you is, have you tried it? It works. You don't need to calibrate your crimping tool and use the go/no-go gauge, and you can do it in places you can't get your crimping tool. The jokes on you...

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
I agree.
The expansion tool can be very handy. You get everything all set and ready expand reach up and hold. None of the trying to get the crimper's into tight places

Master Plumber 101

In the Trades
Reaction score
My question to you is, have you tried it? It works. You don't need to calibrate your crimping tool and use the go/no-go gauge, and you can do it in places you can't get your crimping tool. The jokes on you...

I have tried it about 8yrs ago. We roughed in an entire apartment complex. It might be good for remodel's but not whole plumbing system. I'm not a fan of pex any way. Well... not right now at least.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Reason? He don't need no stinkin reason!
Cept the fact that he is a good upstanding union man and kinda thinks like this guy...

Alfred%20E.%20Newman.gif

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks