Grey sludge from my well

Users who are viewing this thread

money_pit

Reaction score
Help!
I have a private grouted well with a submersible pump. The casing is plastic and the drop pipe is plastic.
About 3 weeks ago the pump wouldn't produce enough pressure to shut off and the water filters had been getting plugged with rust and rust particles.
The local Well Driller came out and replaced the pump and motor. The pump was cracked and full of rust.
He thought it should be deeper so he added additional pipe and then lowered it and hit bottom repeatedly. Then removed the extra pipe. He also installed a sanitary seal that hadn't been ther earlier.
Now, I have lots of water and lots of pressure but I am getting a grey sludge in my whole house filter. It passes my 30 micron filter but plugs the 5-15 each day. It looks like clay or cement. I have ran 1000's of gallons unfiltered water and it doesn't seem to be getting better. If I fill a 5 gallon pail with unfiltered water I cannot see the bottom clearly until it sits overnight.

Any suggestions or what to do or what happened would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks